Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody’s Analytics provides financial intelligence and analytical tools supporting our clients’ growth, efficiency and risk management objectives. The combination of our unparalleled expertise in risk, expansive information resources, and innovative application of technology, helps today’s business leaders confidently navigate an evolving marketplace.
DepartmentYou will be part of the Global Data Services Group which has teams in the West Chester, Sydney, Prague, and Gurgaon. We monitor data from over 5000 sources and are responsible for providing timely and accurate economic and demographic data to our clients – both internal and external. The mission of the Data Services team is to be the premier global provider of national and sub-national data. In that spirit, each member of the Data Services Group is encouraged and expected to constantly improve themselves and our processes. Data Services team members’ performance is measured on timeliness, accuracy, productivity, process and service.
Job DescriptionRecent graduate and unsure what career path you want to follow but enjoy economics and working with data?
Looking for a dynamic role that will develop and strengthen a skill set that can be applied to many different roles?
If you answer yes to these questions, then a role in Moody’s Analytics’ Data Services group may be for you.
- As a Data Entry Administrator you will be responsible for executing updates to our time-series database via automated routines or manual data entry. You will gain the knowledge and experience of collecting, working with and understanding the data from sources around the world
- Update our SQL meta data repository with relevant documentation
- Maintain our Economic Calendar by monitoring websites; email distribution lists and direct contact with data vendors
- Review existing processes and procedures independently to ensure efficiency
- Ensure Client Satisfaction, including speed and quality of responses to our clients via emails, interactive chats and phone calls
- Produce reports consisting of tables and charts for Quality Assurance and Client Use.
- Communicate results and feedback on a daily basis to manager
- The position requires a motivated, responsible individual with a Bachelor’s degree and course work in economics, finance, statistics, or related fields
- Excellent academic record and a strong proficiency in computer use.
- The appropriate candidate must be able to work collaboratively and independently, be adept at problem solving and developing effective work plans.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Functions with a high level of accuracy
- Fluency in English is essential, other European language would be an advantage
- Extensive team and client contact, therefore requires excellent interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with programming languages is a plus
Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody’s Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.