Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody’s Investors Service is among the world’s most respected and widely utilized sources for credit ratings and research. Our opinions and analysis on a broad range of credit obligors and obligations are valued around the world for their insight and rigor. At MIS, our workplace culture supports our mission to be the Agency of Choice for our customers, employees and future employees. Our Culture focuses on Excellence and embodies behavioral qualities such as Integrity, Responsiveness, Collaboration, Respect and Passion. Our people are our core asset and we look beyond outcomes to ensure that behaviors and interactions matter.
DepartmentMIS Commercial Group (COMMERCIAL)
Moody’s Commercial Group establishes, maintains and manages the business and pricing relationships with Moody's rated entities and issuers of debt securities and intermediaries in the capital markets. The department interfaces with issuers of fixed income securities and other capital markets participants such as corporations, mutual funds, municipal governments, public institutions, originators and managers of structured finance products, and intermediaries in the capital markets. The group articulates the value of Moody’s ratings in the execution of transactions, is responsible for the development and launch of innovative ratings based products, communicates pricing strategy, and negotiates all commercial contractual terms with issuers.
Senior client facing role for a highly experienced individual contributor. The role will be responsible for extending existing and developing new business relationships within the Central China Region autonomously with minimal supervision from the Head of Relationship Management for the Central China Region.
- Proactively manage the relationships of complex key accounts in the Central China Region.
- Responsible for retaining existing customers and expanding the share of wallet by selling a tailored value proposition.
- Defend and increase Moody’s coverage at instrument level for existing issuers.
- Conduct Business Development in the region (bringing in new rating relationships and developing new market segments).
- Negotiate commercial terms including fees for new and renewal contracts.
- Proactively seek opportunities and prepare strategically competitive proposals for new and existing contracts involving a bidding process.
- Engage closely and communicate effectively with intermediaries.
- Able to build relationship with other market participants, including relevant government bodies, associations, and agencies.
- Able to initiate and organize marketing events, such as round tables, seminars.
- Organize meetings with key market participants to better understand demand factors and shape value propositions.
- Active contribution to overall sales and marketing plans.
- Represent the Relationship Management team at internal meetings.
- Provide effective guidance and mentorship to supporting Associates. Provide frequent knowledge sharing to junior team members.
- Can provide support to and temporarily back-up the Head of Relationship Management for the sub-region.
- Provide support and back-up for other sub-regions as needed.
- Provide feedback to Product Management team on innovative ideas for product development.
- Work seamlessly with internal stakeholders, including analytical team, legal, compliance, KYC, billing, GMO and other relevant teams.
- Maintain active relationships with issuers at all levels independently with minimal oversight.
- Expect to travel 60% of the time meeting existing and prospective customers.
- Ability to effectively chair several meetings daily with clients across a wide range of different profiles.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to reach out and connect with C-level.
- Effective negotiation and influencing skills.
- Able to hold a 60 minutes in person meeting with a Group treasurer and or CFO.
- Excellent presentation skills to articulate and explain Moody’s value proposition.
- Able to negotiate and defend pricing, contracts, and renewals and prepare tender documents.
- Able to read financial statements to identify financial needs and understand the financial strategy of each firm.
- Ability to quickly grasp an understanding of Moody’s products and services, contracts and general conduct of business.
- Embraces the concept of full ownership of their customers and targets.
- Able to flex between Account Management to Business Development activities.
- High autonomous in achieving business objectives.
- Good team player.
Academic Qualifications / Work Experience
- Minimum of Undergraduate / First Level degree (or equivalent) preferably in finance, accounting, business or economics.
- Minimum 8-10 years of experience in the financial services industry or similar industry is required.
- Fluent in Putonghua and English.
- Good English writing skill.
- Previous experience in sales & marketing is important .
- Previous experience from the rating industry, debt capital markets or as an analyst is desired.
Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody’s Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.