Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody’s Analytics provides financial intelligence and analytical tools supporting our clients’ growth, efficiency and risk management objectives. The combination of our unparalleled expertise in risk, expansive information resources, and innovative application of technology, helps today’s business leaders confidently navigate an evolving marketplace.
DepartmentThe Economics group produces global economic data, research, and scenario analysis designed to meet diverse planning and information needs of businesses, governments, and professional investors worldwide. We believe economic insights bring clarity to tough questions. Our team is made up of intellectually curious economists, data scientists, and IT professionals who combine technical skills with a strong desire to understand clients’ needs.
Job DescriptionMoody's Analytics is looking for an intern to join our Economics team for a 10 week assignment.
Role and Responsibilities
- Risk modelling, including the development, implementation, and validation of credit risk models using state of the art statistical and econometric techniques
- Econometric modelling and coding
- Documentation, including model specification, estimation and validation
- Internal and external presentations
- Strong academic background – completed, pursuing, or planning to pursue Ph.D. or Masters in Economics, Finance, Statistics or Mathematics (or related subjects) from a top school is essential Experience in quantitative modelling is required. Credit risk modelling and econometric analysis are essential
- Knowledge of quantitative techniques and the ability to communicate technical subject matter clearly and concisely
- Strong programming skills in STATA, MATLAB, R, E-Views, Fortran, SAS or similar statistical platforms.
- Good written and excellent communication and organisational skills
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to build strong professional relationships at all levels
- Team player
- Highly organised and efficient
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work pro-actively and multi-task
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Ability to work using own initiative and without close supervision
- Well-developed IT skills including Email, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody’s Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.