This temporary position is responsible for managing a portfolio of trade shows, corporate sponsorships and speaking engagements for several Lines of Business within Moody’s Analytics. These events are critical to our B2B sales cycles, retention efforts, and thought leadership goals as they showcase our solutions to current clients and help generate leads.
While the position will report directly to the Assistant Director of Events and Outreach, this person will be responsible for developing and coordinating all aspects of their events portfolio, including contracting, negotiating with vendors, meeting with stakeholders, coordinating advertising support and creating email campaigns.
- Effective project management and collaboration across multiple stakeholders to ensure the successful delivery and maximum impact of the tradeshow portfolio; develop timeline and assign and agree to responsibilities; manage stakeholders to ensure all aspects, including content, marketing and follow-up, are on track; highlight issues which may reduce impact
- Negotiate contracts and orders with facilities, suppliers, and vendors. These include conference organizers, A/V companies, our off-site exhibit warehouse, and promotional product suppliers.
- Maintain and track budgets, complete all required reporting, accurately track KPIs for all events
- Work with Sales teams to coordinate lead management from all Moody’s Analytics exhibits and sponsorships. Manage trade show scans distribution process: work with Sales Team and SalesForce to calculate trade show ROI.
- Work with Duplicating Department and Mail Room to have all required materials, brochures, and research papers printed and shipped to event sites in a timely manner.
- Create and deliver an event marketing plan to include: audience definition; content for invitations and other collateral; website creation; newsletters; data sourcing; banner ads; placement on/in alternate websites and publications; coordinating calling campaigns
- Pre-show coordination, including communication to on-site staff, assemble and organize all on-site marketing materials, creation of checklists, booth diagrams, and tracking sheets to be used on-site.
- Ensure all data related to event and outreach activities is recorded and stored accurately in appropriate sources. Provide regular and ad-hoc reporting to the business and senior management Confirm all data related to event is recorded and stored accurately in appropriate sources.
- At least 2-3 years trade show management , and B2B event marketing experience is preferred
- Ability to juggle multiple projects at once, thinking critically and possess analytical skills. Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity and experience with working with hotels/convention centers, A/V providers, exhibit services providers and Exhibitor Kits.
- Bachelor’s degree is required , business or marketing and events preferred
- A history of effective interactions with diverse stakeholders is required
- Significant experience with financial services and/or technical solutions is preferred
- Significant experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) is required
- Significant experience and an aptitude for CRM, SharePoint, event management and marketing automation systems
- Some travel across the US and/or Canada may be required
- Some heavy lifting may be required
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.