Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Corporate Finance Group
Moody’s APAC Corporate Finance Group is responsible for rating all corporate investment grade and speculative grade issuers based in Asia Pacific.
- Conduct initial and on-going credit analysis on a dedicated portfolio of companies with public ratings
- Perform and present in-depth fundamental credit analysis on a regular basis to rating committees to assign and maintain credit ratings
- Present credits effectively and comprehensively in Rating Committees and other internal analytical meetings.
- Researching, writing and presenting on credit opinions/topical research and interacting with investors and intermediaries.
- Write in-depth, high quality, insightful and focused research on credit trends to a high quality
- Manage regular outreach events such as investor briefings, teleconferences, conference participations and third party presentations
- Maintain high profile relationships with issuers, investors and intermediaries, with frequent interaction with investors and intermediaries, based upon industry and topical research written by the job holder.
- Experience of credit analysis, including demonstrable financial analysis experience, cash flow analysis and cash flow based lending techniques, gained from a recognized financial institution or audit firm.
- Strong knowledge of corporate and debt markets and an understanding of the key issues affecting these markets/the main players and key industry drivers.
- Experience in complex transaction structures, with a good grasp of documentation, accounting and financial modelling.
- Proven market sector expertise in loan/bond and other associated documentation, and experience of reviewing such corporate financials in the APAC markets and within the Asia regulatory framework.
- Strong quantitative aptitude and proven analytical skills.
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills, IT competency skills including advanced Excel.
- Strong academic background at least equivalent to MSc/MBA in relevant areas CIMA/ACCA/CFA professional qualification would be highly beneficial.
- Sound judgment – capable of developing independent opinion and defending own views.
- Excellent communication skills - able to communicate .clearly and succinctly, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to build strong professional relationships at all levels and represent the Moody’s brand effectively at a senior level.
- Proactive/”can do” approach to work.
- Strong leadership capabilities.
- Ability to deal with a multitude of tasks and issuers.
- Highly organized and efficient, with ability to multi-task and able to meet tight deadlines.
- Produces work to high standards.
- Native level fluency in English and Putonghua essential.
Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody’s Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.