Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.4 billion in 2018, employs approximately 13,100 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 42 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
The Facilities Manager will responsible for supporting Moody’s lines of business by having overall responsibility for the management of facility operation, maintenance, and space planning activities in Moody’s Shenzhen office at Kerry Plaza.
- Responsible for continual communication / interaction with the building landlord(s) or managing agent(s) and Moody’s department managers relating to the conditions and appearance of the facilities.
- Provide support to business operations in coordination with other members of the Corporate Services Department staff in New York, for the following functional areas: (i) business continuity, (ii) procurement and sourcing, (iii) travel management, (iv) document retention and (v) real estate and project management.
- Manage facilities staff and ensure continuous service to building(s). Work with staff to set and attain meaningful performance and developmental goals. Monitor the progress of staff goals and provide appropriate support. Address necessary issues to keep unsatisfactory performance, disruptions, and discontent to a minimum. Maintain effective two-way communications between you and your staff and the LOB’s.
- Assist in the development of the operating plan and budget for the property, subject to the approval of the Moody’s senior management. Review invoices related to the operation budget for the facility.
- Participate in the selection of contract services, development of specifications, vendor negotiation of service agreements and day-today monitoring of vendor performance to assure full compliance with standards established within the service agreement.
- Oversee all third party office services contracts for a specific facility. This includes leased office equipment (fax machines and copy machines), office furniture, stationary supplies, off premises document storage, off premises furniture storage, beverages and pantry foods and supplies, courier services, telephone calling cards, business name cards and any other office service contracts.
- Work with the Corporate Services project group related to approved projects for the facility. This will include coordinating with project management team, and vendors on all project work and facility operations related to projects. Projects could include densification efforts, expansion projects, infrastructure upgrades or other related facility projects
- Oversee all third party office facility contracts for a specific facility. This includes cleaning, HVAC, UPS, furniture, security, plant maintenance, pantry services, and other facility service contracts.
- Assist with project management and work with the Corporate Services Real Estate team on projects. This will include coordinating with vendors and the project manager on all project work and facility operations related to projects. Projects could include densification efforts, expansion projects, infrastructure upgrades or other related facility projects.
- Operate as the liaison between Moody’s and the landlord to coordinate such activities as fire/evacuation drills, elevator maintenance issues, overtime air-conditioning and lighting requests, the building waste management program, freight requests and building engineering, electrical and lighting requests.
- Oversee the installs, moves, repairs, and removal of equipment and furniture installations.
- Coordinate all space planning activities. This includes supporting moves and furniture requests, as well as gathering growth projections from Moody’s LOB’s and coordinating with Moody’s Corporate Services management.
- Provide 24/7 emergency response and backup support for operational staff in handling on-call facilities emergencies as well as ensure compliance with security policies and practices, especially related to physical security of facilities. Maintain corporate compliance with all local workplace/facilities regulations
- Management of the reception of guests & visitors, travel and accommodations administration, postal services, and meeting rooms including management of the receptionist function.
- Participate in crisis management and business continuity planning. Assist with corporate wide contingency planning/business continuity efforts. Coordinates training, communication and testing of business continuity plans. Assists with recovery effort in time of disaster.
- Coordinate communications related to facility information with the Global Corporate Communications Department.
- Respond to ergonomic inquiries per Moody’s guidelines.
- Participate in ad-hoc projects as assigned
RequiredProficient in Microsoft Office Applications
Must have excellent communications skills, verbal and written
Associates Degree preferred
Bilingual in English and Chinese
At least 3-5 years relevant experience
Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody’s Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.