The role requires strong financial knowledge and for some lines of businesses, a good accounting background, and additional languages are a particular plus. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate the ability to work effectively within a team. The ideal candidate for this role will be organized, have attention to detail and strong customer service abilities. FDAs are cross-trained within their line of business to support varying portfolios, which may include those from other global regions. The FDA will liaise with accounting specialists, outsourcers and analysts in order to fully understand the companies in the portfolio they support.
FDAs work as a team to ensure timeliness of data, and perform ongoing monitoring of data quality. FDAs regularly interact with Moody's Analysts with regards to financial data needed for analysis and publications. Experienced FDAs undertake responsibility for maintaining process and methodology documentation to support the team and are provided with valuable training classes and interaction with Analysts as part of career growth. The FDA position provides a unique opportunity to foster skills that are valuable to any future career in the financial services industry. This person must be fluent in Italian (verbal and written) or Russian (verbal and written). Liaise with Rating Analysts, senior managers and other stakeholders on a regular basis to build relationships and open lines of communications.
The Analytic Data Management team consists of a diverse set of Financial Data Analysts (FDAs) supporting Banking, Insurance, Corporate Finance, Sovereign, Public Finance and Structured Finance Lines of Business. The team is located in, London, New York, Hong Kong, and Tokyo in order to support Analysts based in EMEA, the AMERICAS and ASIA PACIFIC. FDAs contribute towards the financial analysis part of the rating process which has a significant impact on any given rating. Their review process involves sourcing the financial statements, co-ordinating with the outsourcer with regards to spreading the data into internal templates, reviewing and performing accounting adjustments to the financial data as per analyst & region specific requirements.
- Fluent in Italian or Russian. Any additional European language would be advantageous, however is not a pre-requisite for the role
- B.A. or B.S. degree in Economics, Finance, or Accounting preferred
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products and particularly Excel
- Individual must be organized, dependable, able to multi-task and manage priorities, display initiative and the ability to work independently
- Candidate must have the ability to quickly transition as priorities change to meet demands
- Strong organization, communication (verbal & written) and interpersonal skills are required to work as a team and for daily interaction with Moody's Analysts