Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody’s Analytics provides financial intelligence and analytical tools supporting our clients’ growth, efficiency and risk management objectives. The combination of our unparalleled expertise in risk, expansive information resources, and innovative application of technology, helps today’s business leaders confidently navigate an evolving marketplace.
DepartmentThe position is part of the Moody’s Analytics Global Sales and Customer Service Group. The team is responsible for managing and growing overall client relationships within large financial institutions; including Investment Banks, Commercial Banks, Insurance companies and Asset Management firms
Job DescriptionMoody's Analytics is a leading provider of Risk and Finance management solutions to the financial services industry.
We are seeking a Sales Representative with a first experience to work in the Software Entreprise Risk Solutions sales team. The position is responsible for sales opportunity & territory management, sales strategy, and revenue generation related to the Moody’s Analytics suite of Software solutions.
This Sales Representative position requires expertise in managing complex, solution sales cycles, and involves working closely across multiple lines of business. Sales Representatives manage and drive the sales process through the sales cycle. The position and territory is a blend of active account management and primarily new account development.
- Primary responsibility will be selling and maintaining primarily new and also existing client relationships through a strategic based approach in order to increase sales, and achieve set quarterly/yearly targets
Demonstrating the superiority and value of the Moody's Analytics Risk and Finance software suite of products to potential and existing clients. This will often involve high quality presentations, client meetings, Proof of Concepts, business and IT workshops and drafting proposals.
- Manage and coordinate Moody's Analytics responses to requests for product and advisory services information (RFIs and RFPs) from clients and prospects.
- Must develop deep, practical understanding of Moody's Analytics Software Entreprise Risk Solutions (Regulatory, ALM, Stress Test).
- Must be able to identify/recognize cross-selling opportunities for Moody's Analytics by asking relevant questions to extrapolate the necessary information. This will also be achieved through working with account generalists.
- Collaborating closely with internal teams and stakeholders from product management and support functions to research and advisory groups to ensure high levels of client satisfactions in all client interaction including issue resolution.
- Position requires travel which is largely self-managed and planned in advance.
- A bachelor degree (or equivalent) is required (Business, Economics, or Risk & Finance related disciplines).
- The successful candidate will have a first experience in successfully selling to financial institutions (large to small sized).
- Particular experience in selling to the Software sales and Risk & Finance is a plus.
- Language skills: French and English are essential and further languages would be advantageous.
- Must have a basic technology understanding e.g. can talk about platforms, databases, deployment.
- Must be a strong team player and able to work in a fast paced, dynamic, entrepreneurial and diverse environment.
- Good understanding of finance and risk management acquired either by advanced study or through industry experience a plus.
- Experience with managing a sales pipeline and forecasting capabilities
- Business travelling is expected whilst it tends to be planned in advance.
Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody’s Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.