Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody’s Investors Service is among the world’s most respected and widely utilized sources for credit ratings and research. Our opinions and analysis on a broad range of credit obligors and obligations are valued around the world for their insight and rigor. At MIS, our workplace culture supports our mission to be the Agency of Choice for our customers, employees and future employees. Our Culture focuses on Excellence and embodies behavioral qualities such as Integrity, Responsiveness, Collaboration, Respect and Passion. Our people are our core asset and we look beyond outcomes to ensure that behaviors and interactions matter.
Job DescriptionThe Automation Engineer will be part of the Architecture and Engineering team, actively engaged and working with onshore/offshore employees and consultants to maintain and execute processes, systems and technologies within the MIT SCM team. He/she will work with the team in daily operational work to support the SCM automated processes used by multiple development teams of Business-Critical applications, which includes usage of Continuous Integration tools – Jenkins, Subversion, SonarQube, Nexus, etc. He/she will work with key engineering resources from Infrastructure, Architecture, Engineering, and Development to drive and pioneer a scalable build pipeline in order reduce the business’s time to market. The DevOps Engineer must be proficient in OO programming languages such as Java, and in the building, packaging, branching and merging of these applications as well as troubleshooting issues with the source code build process
Minimum education and work experience required for this position include:
- Proven ability to automate tasks and connect tools together via Programming and/or scripting skills.
- Proven ability to write programs, utilities, scripts to automate daily tasks. Java development is required.
- Experience developing/scripting utilities which can mine data in existing databases to produce reports (preferably Oracle and/or MySQL).
- A strong proficiency in navigating and editing files within UNIX/Linux environments.
- Build automation experience using Development tools such as Microsoft Visual Studio, Maven, Ant, Gradle, Nuget, Chocolatey, NPM, and similar technologies.
- Experience building applications using Maven/NPM/Nuget and utilizing these tools connected with an artifact repository, such as Sonatype Nexus or JFrog Artifactory, is a must.
- Experience leveraging Docker alongside the development process is strongly desired.
- Understanding of source code management concepts and disciplines such as source code branching/merging strategies.
- Must have experience using Atlassian Jira.
- Cloud experience, specifically DevOps tools/process in the Cloud, is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Demonstrated ability to meet commitments in a large IT project environment.
- Demonstrated ability to review and maintain SOP (Standard Operational Procedures) documentation.
- Ability to coordinate automation release strategies with Development leads and Infrastructure engineers.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communications skills to collaborate with consultants, stakeholders/customers (from Developers to Managing Directors), peers, and vendors
- Highly motivated, self-directed, and performance driven. Strong customer service and teamwork skills: motivated to grow and succeed.
- Ability to stay up to date on industry trends related to areas of responsibility. Willingness to quickly adapt and learn.
- Experience working in a SOX compliant environment a strong plus.
Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody’s Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.