The Role / Responsibilities:
We have an opportunity for an Analyst in the Moody’s Sub Sovereign Group to conduct credit research on a portfolio of regional/local governments and government-related issuers.
· Assume lead analytical responsibility for a portfolio of French speaking regional and local governments as well as related entities.
· Additionally, assist more senior staff in the analysis of a broader portfolio of government credits.
· Develop in-depth knowledge of the assigned regional/local governments and related entities
· Participate in the analysis of a broader portfolio of government credits globally.
· Monitor economic trends and developments, analyse government financial statements, monitor financial market activities, analyse credit quality using both quantitative and qualitative methods, and accumulate in-depth knowledge of the government sector in these countries.
· Build and maintain high quality relationships with senior management at regional and local governments.
· Prepare rating committee materials and recommendations.
· Write in-depth, high quality, insightful and focused research on credit trends and specific issuers.
· Perform and present in-depth fundamental credit analysis effectively and comprehensively on each issuer in a portfolio at rating committees.
· Actively participate in regular outreach events such as investor briefings, teleconferences, conferences and third party presentations.
- Strong academic background is required. Graduate degree or equivalent, in Economics, Finance, Business, or Public Administration.
- Strong quantitative aptitude and proven analytical skills.
- Financial/statistical research capabilities.
- Relevant experience in public finance or relevant credit research experience in corporate is essential.
- Excellent communication skills in French and English - able to communicate clearly and succinctly, both verbally and in writing
- Highly organised and efficient, with ability to multi-task and able to meet tight deadlines
- Strong MS Office skills; principally Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Some public speaking and travel would be required