The Economic and Consumer Credit Analysis team, a division of Moody's Analytics, is a leading independent provider of economic, financial, country, and industry research designed to meet the diverse planning and information needs of businesses, governments, and professional investors worldwide.
Our research has many dimensions: country analysis; financial markets; industrial markets; and regional markets. Moody's Economy.com information and services are used in a variety of ways, including strategic planning; product and sales forecasting; risk and sensitivity management; and as investment research.
•International trade and finance;
•Country forecasting (baseline and alternative scenarios);
•Programming, data and large model management
•Qualitative economic analysis, delivered through effective written and oral communication
•Documentation, including model specification, estimation and validation.
•?Client satisfaction, including speed and quality of responses to our clients.
- Strong academic background – Ph.D. or Masters in Economics, Finance, Statistics or Mathematics (or related subjects) from a top school is essential.
- Experience in quantitative modelling is required. Knowledge of modern macroeconomic theory and time series econometrics is essential. Familiarity with international economic theory, international finance or financial econometrics is desirable.
- Knowledge of quantitative techniques and the ability to communicate technical subject matter clearly and concisely.
- Strong programming skills are required. Familiarity with programming in EViews or STATA is preferred; experience programming in MATLAB or R also desirable.
- Excellent writing, presentation, project management and interpersonal skills are required.
- Client focused.
- Team player.
- Highly organised and efficient.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work pro-actively and multi-task.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Ability to work using own initiative and without close supervision.
- Well-developed professional skills including familiarity using Email, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.