We are looking for a talented and highly motivated individual to join the Methodology Framework Group-Structured Finance within the Methodology Development Group (MDG).
The role will provide a wide range of analytical and some organizational support on projects relating to rating methodology covering Structured Finance asset classes and regions.
This role requires a strong academic background with experience in financial, credit risk, or other quantitative analysis. The ideal candidate for this role will possess strong communication, analytical and organizational skills, demonstrate attention to detail and enjoy working in a collaborative and international team environment.
This AA1 position provides a unique opportunity to foster analytical and credit skills that are valuable to any future career in the financial services industry.
· Demonstrate a solid understanding of several rating methodologies used by the Structured Finance Group
· Support senior members of the team with projects to ensure timely completion and effective execution
· Collect and analyze asset class related data
· Regularly work with modelling tools or models and run sensitivity analysis
· Draft presentations and support documentation
· Coordinate with other members of MDG, Structured Finance Group, Rating Model Group and review functionAssist with ad-hoc quantitative or analytical tasks and execute with some supervision components of a project
· Bachelor’s degree in listed or related fields with a least 3 to 4 years of relevant job experience, or a master’s degree in Finance, Economics, Financial Engineering or related quantitative field
· Experience must include conducting structured finance transaction analysis and risk analysis
· Experience with cash flow and simulation models using Excel and VBA
· Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
· Sound judgment and highest ethical standards
· Capable of developing independent opinions and defending own views
· Professional, pro-active, flexible, diligent and dependable
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.