Moody's Shared Services, Inc
This Associate Vice President Position is an exciting new opportunity to make lasting change within the organization. AVP of Accounting/ Revenue Automation will be leading the problem-solving and resolution processes working with Financial Systems, the RevPro revenue automation systems vendor, and the revenue accounting team.
• Lead a team of technical accountants to review and analyze revenue results produced by accounting systems and/or users to ensure the completeness and accuracy of reported revenue. Lead the problem-solving and resolution processes working with Financial Systems, the RevPro revenue automation systems vendor, and the revenue accounting team. Drive for system automation where possible
• Demonstrates expertise in subject matter, including accounting systems, processes and revenue recognition concepts in the Order/Quote to Cash process. Collaborate with Mood's Analytics Sales Operations, FP&A, Project Management, Product Management / Strategy and Salesforce.com system teams to improve and streamline upstream process / data flow
• Initiates research, reviews and responds to inquiries from senior management regarding financial results and reporting requests (i.e., fluctuation variances, aging, process flows, quarterly update meetings, etc.)
• Accounting research, drafting white papers, updating SOX narratives and other revenue accounting policy and process documentation, including designing and documenting the processes and controls of ASC 606 implementation. Be the go-to person for complex revenue transactions under ASC606 and ASC 605 and prepare accounting position papers, as needed
• Represent the Moody's Analytics Revenue team in meetings with senior management to discuss accounting positions, as needed
• Conduct quarterly or monthly meetings with Product Management / Strategy teams to understand pricing changes and new product features, and maintain a product library with accounting policies for each product line. Review and approve new product setup and ongoing maintenance, including all key product attributes
• Ownership of the maintenance of performance obligation (POB) templates for all POB types and of standalone selling price (SSP) stratifications in the revenue automation system (RevPro)
• Lead and support EMEA Deal Desk team to review newly signed contracts and the contract setup in the revenue automation system (RevPro) (focus on contract linkage, identification of POBs, SSP Allocation and Contract Modifications) to ensure complete and accurate revenue reporting under ASC606 and ASC605
• Coordinates finance due diligence work on potential acquisitions and manages the corresponding acquisition accounting work
• Work closely with the Legal and Tax teams regarding the accounting impact of post-acquisition legal entity restructuring, new transfer pricing initiatives, and the transfer of sales contracts between Moody’s entities
• Participates in Controllership change management processes, providing feedback and comments, and communicates Corporate changes to the respective teams
• Advises staff regarding the handling of non-routine reporting transactions
• Identifies, researches, and resolves technical and operating accounting issues through regular and special analysis to ensure proper accounting recognition; communicates to senior management
• Reviews contracts to ensure compliance with Moody’s policies and identify accounting implications; provides value-added feedback to legal or other departments; communicates to senior management
• Monitors and analyzes work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy
• Responsible for the overall direction, execution, and completion of ad-hoc projects ensuring consistency with company strategy, commitments and goals
• Reviews the quarterly Earnings Release, 10K, 10Q and/or other external filings
• Reviews supporting documentation and account analyses for internal and external audits
• Provides expert opinion on US & Local GAAP, internal control policies and Moody’s Global Accounting Policies (MGAP) with respect to their procedures
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
• Manages personnel issues relating to staff conflicts, absenteeism, performance issues, etc
• Works with each direct report to establish annual goals and objectives and monitor and advise on the progress to enhance the professional development of staff
• Must have a bachelor’s degree in Accounting, or a related field.
• 8+ years accounting experience, including at least 3 years of management experience
• CPA required.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong organizational skills, analytic skills, and attention to details.
• Public/Private mix of experience preferred.
Expert knowledge of SEC reporting requirements preferred.
• Knowledge of major systems critical to the order to cash process; i.e. CRM (preferably Salesforce.com), time tracking (preferably FinancialForce), revenue subledger (e.g. RevPro, RevStream) and general ledger (preferably PeopleSoft)
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.