Moody's Shared Services, Inc
This Vice President Position is an exciting new opportunity to make lasting change within the organization. VP of Accounting/ Revenue Automation will be leading the problem-solving and resolution processes working with Financial Systems, the RevPro revenue automation systems vendor, and the revenue accounting team.
• Lead and support US/Americas Revenue Accounting team to manage month-end revenue closes. Responsibilities include but not limited to reviewing newly signed contracts, contract setup in the revenue automation system (RevPro) (focus on contract linkage, identification of performance obligations (POBs), standalone selling price (SSP) allocation and Contract Modifications) and ensuring complete and accurate revenue reporting under ASC 606 for the region.
• Demonstrates expertise in subject matter, including accounting systems, processes and revenue recognition concepts in the Order to Cash process. Collaborate with Moody's Analytics Sales Operations, FP&A, Project Management, Product Management / Strategy and Salesforce.com system teams to improve and streamline end-to-end processes / data flow.
• Conduct quarterly or monthly meetings with Product Management / Strategy teams to understand pricing changes and new product features, and maintain a product library with accounting policies for each product line. Review and approve new product setup and ongoing maintenance, including all key product attributes.
• Initiates research, reviews and responds to inquiries from senior management regarding financial results and reporting requests (e.g., fluctuation variances, aging, process flows, quarterly update meetings, etc.)
• Accounting research, drafting white papers, updating SOX narratives and other revenue accounting policy and process documentation, including the ongoing assessment of the processes and controls of operating under the ASC 606 paradigm. Be the go-to person for complex revenue transactions under ASC606 and prepare accounting position papers, as needed.
• Represent the Moody's Analytics Revenue team in meetings with senior management to discuss accounting positions, as needed.
• Ownership of the maintenance of POB templates for all POB types in the revenue automation system (RevPro).
• Coordinates finance due diligence work on potential acquisitions in the Moody’s Analytics space, and manages the corresponding acquisition accounting work.
• Work closely with the Legal and Tax teams regarding the accounting impact of post-acquisition restructuring and new transfer pricing initiatives.
• Participates in Controllership change management processes, providing feedback and comments, and communicates Corporate changes to the respective teams.
• Advises staff regarding the handling of non-routine reporting transactions.
• Identifies, researches, and resolves technical and operating accounting issues through regular and specialized analysis to ensure proper accounting recognition.
• Reviews contracts to ensure compliance with Moody’s policies and identify accounting implications.
• Monitors and analyzes work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining an acceptable level of accuracy that internal and external audit would support.
• Responsible for the overall direction, execution, and completion of ad-hoc projects ensuring consistency with company strategy, commitments and goals.
• Reviews the quarterly Earnings Release, 10-K, 10-Q and/or other external filings to validate accounting policy and critical accounting estimate disclosures in area of responsibility, and also provide value-add trend analysis to support MD&A disclosures.
• Reviews supporting documentation and account analyses for internal and external audits.
• Provides expert opinion on US GAAP / IFRS (now converged for Moody’s), internal control policies and Moody’s Global Accounting Policies (MGAP) with respect to their procedures.
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; and participating in professional organizations.
• Manages personnel issues relating to staff conflicts, absenteeism, performance issues, etc.
• Works with each direct report to establish annual goals and objectives and monitor and advise on the progress to enhance the professional development of staff.
• Must have a bachelor’s degree in Accounting, or a related field.
• 10+ years accounting experience, including at least 5 years of management experience
• CPA required.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Preferred• Strong organizational skills, analytic skills, and attention to details.
• Public/Private mix of experience.
Expert knowledge of SEC reporting requirements.
• Knowledge of major systems critical to the order to cash process; i.e. CRM (preferably Salesforce.com), time tracking (preferably FinancialForce), revenue subledger (e.g. RevPro, RevStream) and general ledger (preferably PeopleSoft).
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.