Within MA, the Enterprise Risk Solutions (ERS) Division offers to Institutions a wide range of software, analytics and consultative solutions to enable risk management staff to understand, measure, and manage risk within an enterprise risk context. The ERS group is composed of experienced consultants working with and drawing on the insight and expertise of our world-class analytics technology, data and software, as well as market experience.
The Insurance Modeling & Analytics group helps insurers, asset managers, and pension funds to better understand and manage their actuarial, financial, and risk-management activities. Our modelling, software, and consultancy solutions are always evolving, as we respond to shifting market needs and customer feedback. That is why all of our team members – from actuaries to software engineers to product managers – are committed to maintaining high quality customer engagement.
The successful candidate will join our growing line of business responsible for products and services that we deliver to the insurance industry. Over the year, Moody’s Analytics has been developing award-winning solutions and has a large global client footprint in the insurance market segment. IFRS17 is a new and exciting opportunity for us where we are investing and hiring more people to join our team.
This is an exciting opportunity to be directly involved in the design and development of Moody’s Analytics’ Insurance Modelling & Analytics solutions The Senior Business Analyst will work closely with stakeholders (Product Managers, Engineering, Sales, Marketing and Clients) to understand the requirements and the technology and produce well thought out, intuitive product designs for complex products. This role focuses on the design and architecture of our software and critical to this is working closely with the Software Architects. In addition, the Senior Business Analyst will take an active role in the development of core products throughout the product development lifecycle.
The role would suit candidates with experience in designing and developing large scale, enterprise software solutions. The candidate should have experience working in software companies to create a compelling story of how the software can solve business problems faced by our clients.
Candidates should be technically minded and able to understand complex products, financial concepts and technology quickly. The role provides the opportunity to gain a broad understanding of the modelling and financial analysis carried out at Moody’s across all areas of ERS Insurance and also to work on cutting edge SaaS products.
- Experience working in small or large software companies, designing enterprise level software solutions
- Demonstrable experience of delivering modern, well designed financial software
- Experience with cloud platforms and SaaS would be beneficial
- Elicit business and technical requirements from stakeholders with appropriate prioritisation and dependencies identified
- Support user testing; participate in validation sessions
- Participate in the relevant Agile activities around planning, grooming, elaboration and acceptance
- Manage and execute user acceptance plans
- Respond to technical and functional product questions raised by stakeholders and customers
- Assist with pre and post sales support
- Degree in information management, computer science, engineering, finance or economics preferred
- Previous experience with financial services
- Knowledge of Agile development process and the use of a supporting requirement tool is preferred.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal, including very good presentation skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to build strong professional relationships at all levels, with both internal and external parties.
- Must be highly organised and detail oriented.