Service focused individual responsible for providing sales support for the RM team. The Sales Support functions will report to the Head of Sales Support (HoSS) and will work closely with experienced Sales Professionals - Account Executives (AEs), Relationship Managers (RMs) and Sub-Regional Heads (SRHs) supporting their activity to increase mandates and revenue in their assigned territory(ies), region(s) and/or line of business. This position may also have more specific responsibilities to support RM franchise coordinators and specialists as well as special assignments.
- Part of a team that provides crucial sales support to ensure premium delivery of customer service.
- Assist RMs/AEs in managing prospects and existing relationships through their entire life-cycle
- Prepare call material for existing key account or prospective clients and/or prepare PowerPoint presentations, pre-meeting/call fact sheets and other market , territory, sector or other research materials for calls with customers/accounts.
- Draft side letters, opportunities and rating applications, help draft Pricing and Method exceptions, and provide support on bespoke product request approvals.
- Provide information gathering, research support to the RMs and AMs for example collect data and documents for Request For Proposals/Tender responses. Maintain tender/RFP database, including missed deals, and forward Commercial pipeline
- Provide support on answering simple customer queries
- Produce relevant Issuer Value Statements data, charts, and other information to support tailor-made Commercial presentations
- Under supervision of the SRH, support the senior members of the team in monitoring market development and trends including coverage information, manage lead generation, identify targets and cross selling opportunities
- Provide event/conference support, pre-conference/ pre-meeting preparation and customer follow-up support post conference/meeting
- Monitor news on existing accounts and territory when applicable as well as review publications to identify market developments which can be leveraged for cross-selling, price increase or new business. Will report findings to senior members of the team on regular basis.
- Provide administrative support on projects, regulatory tasks, Marketing Campaigns etc. as directed
- Will be responsible for accuracy and completeness of data entered in Sales Force, including assistance with Moody’s Connect set up, initial payor data collection and other Salesforce aspects
- May have occasional direct customer interaction including teleconference
- Will work closely with key internal stakeholders e.g. legal, billing/collections team, compliance etc
Moody's Investors Service (MIS)
MIS Commercial Group (COMMERCIAL)
MIS Commercial Group (COMMERCIAL)
- Very good communication skills, written and oral
- Ability to manage time under tight deadlines
- Knowledge of MS Office package and Salesforce; well versed in Powerpoint and able to produce good quality promotional material (presentations, pre-meeting fact sheets etc.)
- Understand main financial instruments, key characteristics and dynamics of capital and credit markets in her or his market segment / territory
- Able to read financial statements to identify financial needs and understand the financial strategy of each firm
- Good product proficiency (fluent in our product suite)
- Good understanding of Moody’s service suite, contracts and processes
- Highly organised with ability to multi-task
- Ability to work effectively with a geographically diverse and multi-cultural team
- Team player
Academic Qualifications / Work Experience:
- Minimum Undergraduate / First Level degree (or equivalent) preferably in finance, accounting, business or economics.
- Experience in the financial services industry in a business development, sales or client relationship role is desirable but not required
- Demonstrate good working knowledge of Capital Markets and is able to consistently apply knowledge to their existing role
- Language skills – English, fluent verbal and written. Any other additional language(s) would be advantageous
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody’s Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.