- Acting as part of the project team that develops risk models for clients;
- Development of best-practice risk management methodologies tailored to client’s particular needs;
- Econometric modelling and coding, forecasting under alternative scenarios;
- Risk modelling, including the development, implementation, and validation of credit risk models using state of the art statistical and econometric techniques;
- Documentation, including model specification, estimation and validation;
- Client satisfaction, including speed and quality of responses to our clients;
- Delivering presentations and workshops for clients on-site and via teleconferences;
- Participation in internal workshops aimed at enhancement of model building techniques employed by Moody’s Analytics;
- Screening regulatory and industry developments in order to remain up-to-date on leading challenges and trends on the market.
The Economic and Consumer Credit Analysis team, a division of Moody's Analytics, is a leading independent provider of economic, financial, country, and industry research designed to meet the diverse planning and information needs of businesses, governments, and professional investors worldwide.
Our research has many dimensions: country analysis; financial markets; industrial markets; and regional markets. Moody's Economy.com information and services are used in a variety of ways, including strategic planning; product and sales forecasting; risk and sensitivity management; and as investment research.
- Strong academic background – Ph.D. or Masters in Economics, Finance, Statistics or Mathematics (or related subjects) from a top school is essential.
- Advanced programming skills in R and/or STATA.
- Knowledge of quantitative techniques and the ability to communicate technical subject matter clearly and concisely.
- Econometric analysis skills.
- Good written and excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to build strong professional relationships at all levels.
- Client focused.
- Team player.
- Highly organized and efficient.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work pro-actively and multi-task.
- Ability to work using own initiative and without close supervision.
- Well-developed IT skills including Email, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.