The Associate Director, DevOps Cloud Architect will manage different facets of the DevOps Cloud function, as a member of a global OPS team for the Insurance Business Unit. He or she is responsible for optimizing and refining DevOps Cloud related processes, maintaining subject matter expertise in multiple areas while exploring new areas, and driving improvements within the group.
- Assist development teams in building, hosting, and deploying next generation, resilient, fault-tolerant, scalable, self-healing and secured applications in cloud.
- Support SAAS cloud applications deployed for our customers worldwide
- Collaborate with development teams to define architecture, optimize performance, right size and migrate various development, QA, and production environments to cloud.
- Work with development and QA teams to manage release and deployment cycles for product lines especially in cloud.
- Collaborate with DevOps group located in Toronto and Edinburgh
- Assist in defining DevOps along with quality guidelines and standards.
- Coordinate with vendors to resolve problems.
The ERS - Insurance Software Engineering team in Edinburgh is a part of the global ERS - Insurance Team.
The team works closely with the product development team to deliver solutions to our clients in the insurance industry.
- Extensive expertise (6-8 years) in the following areas:
- Extensive Cloud experience (Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google) especially in deploying and managing development, QA, and production workloads.
- Experience in supporting SAAS application
- Deep knowledge of continuous integration and configuration management tools and how to optimally deploy these in cloud
- Strong scripting and automation skills and experience (Python, Ruby, PowerShell, Cloud Formation, etc.
- BS in Computer Science (or equivalent)
- Graduate degree in Computer Science
- Additional coursework and/or some training certifications are preferred.
- The key competencies for this position include the following:
- Knowledge of software development life cycle (SDLC) including Agile Development Methodology
- Knowledge of containers / virtualization, such as Docker, Kubernetes
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and, consultative skills, work effectively with clients, vendors, peers, and business/IT management.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- Willingness to learn, a can do attitude, and motivated to succeed and grow.
- Knowledge of at least one programming languages (e.g. Java, C/C++/C#)
- Ability to work with remote team members, fluent in English