The Director Product Strategy will be responsible for overseeing strategic projects, product management and may also manage a team. They will be responsible for directing product vision – from product evaluation, design, enhancement, implementation and performance monitoring – and lead multiple initiatives spanning cross functional teams.
- Responsible for delivering on high profile projects which may be within a single team or span across multiple functions, divisions or capability sets within Moody’s Analytics. Projects may include all aspects of the product lifecycle
- Ensure the voice of the customer is reflected in product roadmap and designs
- Collaborate closely with all teams engaged in the product development process
- Independently develop and lead business plans with accountability for targets and KPIs for sales, development and engagement.
- Build investment cases to support long term strategic plans and roadmaps
- Subject matter expert on products including Bureau van Dijk capabilities and functionality. Responsibilities may include overseeing the education of sales force, the collection and prioritization of product requirements across the portfolio, and development of go to market plans.
- Anticipate and implement necessary operational infrastructure to ensure product integrity and support product expansion
- Monitor competitive developments and develop strategic responses in support of educating and informing the organisation of opportunities and threats
- Report to senior management on the financial performance and strategic positioning of key products
- Represent Moody's Analytics at internal and external meetings and conferences
- Support the assessment of new and emerging opportunities to grow the business including joint ventures, acquisitions and partnerships
- May manage a team
This position sits within the Content team within Moody’s Analytics.
- Undergraduate/ bachelor’s degree required in a business related discipline, Information Systems or Engineering. MBA/ Post graduate qualification desired
- Extensive strategic experience preferably gained in management consulting or investment banking
- Ability to lead and manage cross functional working groups
- Experience in hiring and managing staff
- Experience in leading projects end to end
- Strong understanding of global capital/ credit markets
- Strong quantitative, analytical and critical thinking skills
- Excellent communication skills, including presentation and public speaking
- Advanced knowledge of PowerPoint and Excel
- Demonstrable experience of leadership and developing a team
- Experience or knowledge of product management, marketing, strategic planning or product development required
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody’s Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.