- Support and manage client relationships in the use of software and the analysis of fixed-income portfolios.
- Act in a leading role with regard to software development and running projects.
- Train and mentor other Financial Engineers.
- Participate in offsite sales calls with the sales team to run demos for products, gathering requirements and conducting implementation for new clients.
- Work with the product development team to design, build and implement new features and functions for analytic and data products.
- Answer inquiries on software applications while developing and delivering solutions to clients.
- Analyze complex financial fixed-income instruments.
- Travel is required to conduct training and give presentations on software applications.
- Undergraduate/first-level degree (e.g., Bachelor’s) or graduate/second-level degree (e.g. MBA, Master’s) with an emphasis in financial engineering, computer science, engineering, math, finance, economics, or a related quantitative field preferred.
- 5+ years of business experience with 2+ years of financial engineering experience preferred.
- Experience in client facing role required.
- Strong quantitative skills and analytical problem solving ability required.
- Demonstrated initiative, enthusiasm and ability to learn quickly and excel as part of a dynamic team.
- Attention to detail and ability to work and learn independently.
- Proficient in writing macros using Microsoft Excel VBA.
- Knowledge of Visual Basic and other scripting or coding languages preferred.
- Working knowledge of financial concepts and exposure to structured finance required.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody’s Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.