In this role, you will be a member of Moody’s Analytics’ product management team creating and supporting some of the industry’s leading software solutions for the banking industry. You will help drive the feature and product priorities, participate in the Agile development process through frequent interaction with developers and program management, and assisting with product support issues.
The primary responsibilities consist of working closely with the Product Manager to design the product functionality based on the business and regulatory requirements.
As a regulatory reports expert, the product analyst is in charge of understanding and analyzing features required around regulatory reports production, specifying in detail such features for the engineering team, and performing acceptance testing.
As part of the product management team, he provides level 2 (or 3) support to customer service or implementation services as needed and is responsible for qualifying and specifying bug fixes and software enhancements requests raised by clients and customer facing teams.
Additional responsibilities include: writing release notes for new report release and reviewing/validating product documentations, as well as supporting other stakeholders in their daily activities such as sales support (e.g. product demo, answering RFPs), documentation (reviewing technical communication documents) or helping the engineering team to develop regulatory reports. From time to time, the PM may also help write some FAQs or white papers on best practices (on a given functional domain or relative to product usage), provide advanced product training, and work with marketing to position our products.
The role is part of the ERS - Banking Reg Team (BRT) in charge of the regulatory reporting setup in order to adequately respond to the influx of new regulatory requirements in the banking industry. Our goal is to be able to support our clients around the world to the meet regulatory requirements of the banking regulation according to Basel II/III standards.
- The product analyst for Regulatory Reporting shall be a subject matter expert one or more of the following domains: Basel III , Stress Testing and Financial Reporting.
- Good communications with the various teams and especially with the software engineering teams (day-to to-day interaction) is a key success factor.
- Technical skills:
- PL/SQL knowledge preferred, Excel, Word, Powerpoint
- Bachelor's degree in economics, finance, or business or a related field with 2+ years of exposure to financial industry
- Financial background required and Product Analyst shall be willing to keep learning about finance & risk regulations
- Prior experience in Regulatory Reporting tools is a key differentiator.
- Practical experience in a financial institution, in a consulting firm or in a risk management software house preferred
- Interest in the technological aspects of software products
- Ability to coordinate and assist large teams in resolving complex analytical issues
- Strong attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects with tight deadlines
- Must possess great initiative
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail