The Role / Responsibilities:Leader of Relationship Management for Canada managing a team of Account Management and Business Development associates. Senior role accountable for the development and execution of commercial strategy with a focus on extending existing customer relationships and developing new business relationships. Scope and key Responsibilities:
- Overall line management of the Canada Relationship Management team. Lead the efforts to attract, hire, train and retain talented staff while optimizing the organizational structure.
- Develop efficient and effective account management plans. Create customer outreach strategy; setting and ensuring that the team is meeting annual targets for face-to-face meetings, market coverage, and billings.
- Lead the design, implementation and execution of a strategic business development plan for Canada. Develop and implement a variety of new business initiatives and implement best practices in sales techniques to achieve the sales target for the team.
- Provide feedback on product needs, ideas, and concepts to the Product Management team where appropriate.
- Work closely with Marketing, Pricing, and Operations groups to optimize the functioning of Relationship Management for Canada.
- Act as facilitator of expert panels in internal and external meetings; speaker at conferences and events.
- Lead review of team budget, forecast, and staffing needs for the team.
- Expected to spend up to 30% of the time on the road meeting customers.
The Global Commercial Group’s various responsibilities include; establishing and maintaining business and pricing relationships with Moody’s rated entities and issuers of debt securities, rating product development, creation of value and strategic marketing collateral and corporate development for the business. The department provides these services for banking institutions, corporations, municipal governments, public institutions, structured finance products and funds.
Academic Qualifications / Work Experience:
- Ability to think holistically about a market in the broader context of their own and other territories and able to formulate a strategic and tactical plan for Canada with high autonomy. This includes a detailed SWOT analysis for the area and concrete proposals regarding how to fully exploit opportunities and how to address gaps.
- Ability to effectively and eloquently chair several meetings daily with customers and intermediaries across a large range of different profiles on short notice or with little preparation.
- Speak and communicate convincingly in front of senior management, customers and larger audiences.
- Maintain active relationships with customers and intermediaries at all levels independently and with minimal oversight.
- Ability to easily switch between Account Management and Business Development roles and to develop others to do so.
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills.
- High autonomy in achieving business objectives, strong leadership, and management skills.
- Minimum of Undergraduate degree preferably in finance, accounting, business or economics. Graduate degree desirable.
- 10+ years of experience in the financial services industry in Canada. Experience in a management position in a sales, business development and/or client relationship role in is essential.
- Expert level knowledge of key characteristics and dynamics of capital and credit markets.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com
Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody’s is committed to maintaining an inclusive, diverse and accessible workplace. To this end, reasonable accommodations are available on request, and will take into account the particular accommodation needs of individual candidates. If you are selected and require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, you may send your request to AODA@moodys.com
. Information provided during the accommodation process will be treated as confidential, and will be shared only to the extent required to properly administer accommodation requests.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody’s Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.