The VP Data Science is a key member of the Analytic and Technology Solutions (ATS) group in MIS. ATS is responsible for developing the quantitative models and analytical tools used in the rating process and across the rating agency, as well as MIS technology innovation activities, including advanced capabilities in machine learning and artificial intelligence. The VP Data Science will be responsible for helping manage application of the latest techniques in Machine Learning and Distributed Computing to drive business value. A successful candidate will not only be technically competent, but will be able to work collaboratively with business stakeholders to increase analytical efficiency, drive new business insights, and develop new products. The role also includes advocating for operational and process changes to move towards a more data driven organizational paradigm.
· Knowledge of Machine Learning techniques include Neural Networks, Tree-based Models, Linear models
· Industry knowledge of Fixed Income in Public Finance and/or Structured Finance is highly preferred
· Experience with one or more of the following programming languages is highly preferred: Python, R, Scala, and SQL
· Experience with one or more of the following Machine Learning frameworks is preferred: TensorFlow, Scikit-Learn, or AWS Sage Maker
· Experience doing Machine Learning on the Cloud
· Experience with the following distributed compute and stream analytics platforms is preferred Hadoop, Apache Spark, Apache Storm, Apache Kafka
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.