Moody’s SFG Technology team seeks a Senior Software Engineer, with a strong focus on development of analytic tools and databases, to work on cutting edge projects related to structured finance analytics, performance reporting and regulation compliance.
The successful candidate will be a top software engineer, who is also capable of acting as both project manager and business analyst when required. The role will primarily involve working on projects relating to analytical ratings processes that have high visibility within the analyst teams globally. The successful candidate will lead full development cycles from requirements to delivery, with testing increasingly being delegated to the Quality Assurance team.
This role will suit a highly motivated problem solver with excellent communication skills and a proven ability to use his/her own initiative. The successful candidate will have a demonstrable track record of successes developing quality software solutions, liaising directly with stakeholders, and adapting to the evolving needs of the business. Ability to work without close supervision is fundamental, as well as handling communication with business stakeholders and senior management who are not necessarily tech-savvy.
- Work directly with analytical teams in order to understand business requirements
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- 5+ years software development experience
- Strong knowledge of SQL, Excel, VBA, XML and C#.NET
- In depth knowledge and experience building and working with relational databases. Proficiency in SQL Server is a requirement. Knowledge of MS Access, ParAccel, Sybase ASE is a plus.
- Knowledge of VB.NET, Jira, SSMS, SSRS and SSIS is a plus
- OOP experience
- Strong knowledge of Version Control Systems (e.g. Subversion, Git)
- Good knowledge of Unit Testing (NUnit in particular)
- Good knowledge of Issue tracking systems (e.g. Jira), Continuous Integration (e.g. Bamboo)
- Fluency in English
- Experience with agile software development is a plus
- Experience in financial services and structured finance is advantageous
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well within a team
- Passionate about solving problems in the simplest and most efficient way
- Ability to work under pressure with multiple priorities
- Some mathematical knowledge to understand the basic mechanics of various analytical methodologies
- Detail oriented and highly organised
- Resharper, LINQ
- ORM solutions
- Windows administration
- Statistical / numerical analysis (R, Matlab, Python)
- MS SQL Server, Sybase, MS SQL Server Management Studio, Rapid SQL
- Utilities (code coverage, decompilers, scripting, etc.)
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.