The Role / Responsibilities:
Individual will be part of the Regulatory Reporting team within the Data Governance organization, supporting Moody’s globally with various initiatives regarding regulatory related reporting solutions.
Primary duties include:
Ø Working on project specific deliverables and activities performed by the team. This includes business analyst activities like analysis of business and functional requirements, documentation etc. and project management activities like managing timelines, resources, etc. to achieve project goals and satisfy customers.
Ø Prioritizing, planning, and monitoring team’s work input from senior management, regulators, Compliance, Legal and business partners.
Ø Developing and maintaining strong working relationships with internal stakeholders.
Ø Reviewing existing processes and continually improving them. This includes reviewing lessons learned from each initiative within the team and providing recommendations to senior management regarding process improvements.
Ø Creating/assisting the team with designing/developing ad hoc and canned database extracts/reports using SQL, ETL jobs and BI tools.
Ø Performing ad hoc data comparisons and analysis for the Data Governance Regulatory Reporting team and preparing corresponding documentation including summaries, memos and reports.
Ø Researching and recommending/following industry best practices.
Ø Creating reports for senior management.
Ø Providing business analysis and change management functions on select projects.
Ø Aiding in the testing and implementation of new reporting, systems and initiatives.
Ø Working on ad hoc assignments as requested by their manager.
Additional responsibilities include:
· Self-managing and authoring thorough, detailed, high-quality documentation of all aspects of solutions, including business requirements, functional requirements, use cases, and other documents.
· Supporting business requirements activities by providing end-to-end analysis with respect to data requirements, data flows, data modeling, workflow context and design.
· Obtaining signoffs and managing change requests.
· Developing and maintaining strong relationships, and keeping clients informed and engaged throughout the entire project lifecycle.
· Trouble shoot issues and coordinate support and escalations.
· Lead training as required to support reporting solutions.
· Lead and participate in UAT testing.Supporting adoption of data governance standards for Moody’s Corporation
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
· Three to Five years or more work experience.
· Knowledge/experience of regulatory reporting for financial institutions is desirable.
· Proficient office software skills (e.g. Excel, Access, Word).
· Intermediate knowledge of MS Excel, Visio, Project and PowerPoint.
· Advanced knowledge of SQL, PL/SQL. VBA a plus.
· Knowledge of software development best practices and methodologies a plus.
· BI and ETL tool knowledge (Tableau, Informatica Data Quality, Informatica Master Data Management Hub, Pentaho Data Integration, SSIS, and/or similar toolsets) a plus.
· Possesses excellent verbal and writing skills, project and time management skills, and the ability to work in teams.
· Possesses strong attention to detail.Minimum 1-3 years experience in business process re-engineering, project management, business analysis, data analysis or similar role.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.