Recent graduate and unsure what career path you want to follow but enjoy economics and working with data?
Looking for a dynamic role that will develop and strengthen a skill set that can be applied to many different roles?
If you answer yes to these questions, then a role in Moody’s Analytics’ Data Services group may be for you.
- As a Data Entry Administrator you will be responsible for executing updates to our time-series database via automated routines or manual data entry. You will gain the knowledge and experience of collecting, working with and understanding the data from sources around the world
- Update our SQL meta data repository with relevant documentation
- Maintain our Economic Calendar by monitoring websites; email distribution lists and direct contact with data vendors
- Review existing processes and procedures independently to ensure efficiency
- Ensure Client Satisfaction, including speed and quality of responses to our clients via emails, interactive chats and phone calls
- Produce reports consisting of tables and charts for Quality Assurance and Client Use.
- Communicate results and feedback on a daily basis to manager
You will be part of the Global Data Services Group which has teams in the West Chester, Sydney, Prague, and Gurgaon. We monitor data from over 5000 sources and are responsible for providing timely and accurate economic and demographic data to our clients – both internal and external. The mission of the Data Services team is to be the premier global provider of national and sub-national data. In that spirit, each member of the Data Services Group is encouraged and expected to constantly improve themselves and our processes. Data Services team members’ performance is measured on timeliness, accuracy, productivity, process and service.
- The position requires a motivated, responsible individual with a Bachelor’s degree and course work in economics, finance, statistics, or related fields
- Excellent academic record and a strong proficiency in computer use.
- The appropriate candidate must be able to work collaboratively and independently, be adept at problem solving and developing effective work plans.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Functions with a high level of accuracy
- Familiarity with programming languages is a plus
- Fluency in English is essential, other European language would be an advantage
- Because this position involves extensive team and client contact, strong interpersonal skills are necessary