Senior client facing role for a highly experienced individual contributor. The role will be responsible for autonomously extending existing and developing new business relationships within Brazil with minimal supervision from the Commercial Group Management.
- Proactively manage the relationships of about 50 complex key accounts in Brazil
- Commercial Coverage of all Analytical Lines of Business
- Responsible for retaining existing customers in Brazil and expanding the share of wallet by selling a tailored value proposition
- Primary commercial contact on key account
- Conducting Business Development in the region (bringing in new rating relationships and developing new market segments)
- Negotiate commercial terms including fees for new and renewal contracts.
- Proactively seek opportunities and prepare strategically competitive proposals for new and existing contracts involving a bidding process
- Contribute to the creation and execution of a strategic plan to expand and defend the business for markets within Brazil
- Intense outreach activity with Customers and Intermediaries
- Expected to travel 20% of the time meeting existing and prospective customers outside of São Paulo
- Active contribution to overall franchise relevance plans for the market segment / territory
- Represent the Relationship Management team at internal meetings with the analytical team and other departments where applicable
- Provide effective guidance and mentorship to supporting Associates
- Can provide support to and temporarily back-up the Head of Relationship Management for the sub-region.
- Provide support and back-up for other sub-regions as needed
- Provide feedback to Product Management team on innovative ideas for product development
- Maintain active relationships with issuers at all levels independently with minimal oversight
- Ability to effectively chair several meetings daily with clients across a wide range of different profiles.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to reach out and connect with C-level.
- Effective negotiation and influencing skills
- Able to hold a 60 minutes in person meeting with a Group treasurer and or CFO
- Articulate and explain Moody’s value proposition
- Able to negotiate and defend pricing, contracts, and renewals.
- When applicable draft tender documents
- Expert level knowledge on financial instruments, key characteristics and dynamics of capital and credit markets in her or his market segment / territory.
- Able to read financial statements to identify financial needs and understand the financial strategy of each firm
- Ability to quickly grasp an understanding of Moody’s products and services, contracts and general conduct of business
- Embraces the concept of full ownership of their customers and targets
- Able to flex between Account Management to Business Development activities
- High autonomy in achieving business objectives
Moody's Investor Services - Commercial Group
Academic Qualifications / Work Experience
- Strong academic background. Degree (or equivalent) in Business, Economics, Marketing, International Relations
- Post-graduate qualification (Masters) an advantage
- Well-developed IT skills including advanced Microsoft Office applications, PowerPoint, Advanced Excel as well as practical use of Bloomberg terminals
- Proven experience in working within tight deadlines
- Ability to adapt to changing market conditions and business environment
- Ability to understand and communicate the fundamentals of Moody's analytical approach, and rating methodologies
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Ability to communicate clearly with C-levels at loan sponsors, Asset managers and highest levels of the corporate hierarchy: e.g. CEO, CFO,
- Highest ethical standards and working in a multi-cultural environment
- Team player with the ability to work collaboratively and to convincingly influence peers
- Receptive to the challenge of ambitious sales and marketing goals
- Strong sense of urgency, and a pro-active "can do" approach
- Highly organized and efficient, sound judgment, capable of developing independent opinions and defending own views
- Languages required: Portuguese and English, spoken and written fluency is essential. Spanish is highly beneficial.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody’s Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.