Role / Responsibilities:
We are seeking a Business Analyst for our New York office to support strategic projects that will re-envision the data content and structure that underpins our analytic offerings and ensure its quality across all distribution platforms. The Business Analyst will work with internal content providers in addition to customer-facing teams to understand the spectrum of needs and capabilities, and then elaborate with the wider cross-disciplinary project team to support the development of solutions that meet the stakeholder requirements. In particular this role will focus on our data intake and distribution infrastructure, both internal and external, including distribution via Excel Add-in and bulk distribution. The Senior Business Analyst will additionally participate in other projects affecting content solutions such as website, data or feeds, on an as-needed basis.
- Lead multiple small projects and/or one large project with support from more senior members of the team
- Elicit business and technical requirements from stakeholders with appropriate prioritisation and dependencies identified
- Support user testing; participate in validation sessions
- Manage and execute user acceptance plans
- Develop technical support documentation and training material
- Respond to technical and functional product questions raised by stakeholders and customers
- Support achievement of sales targets
- Support more junior members of the team
- Participate in the relevant Agile activities around planning, grooming, elaboration, and acceptance
- At least 5 years’ experience.
- Degree in information management, computer science, engineering, finance or economics preferred.
- Previous experience with financial data sets preferred.
- Experience of project management preferred.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal, including presentation skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to build strong professional relationships at all levels, with both internal and external parties.
- Must be highly organised and detail oriented.
- Basic understanding of relational databases and experience with SQL preferred.
- Advanced proficiency in Excel
- Experience supporting a global user base is a plus.
- Experience with MS office, Sharepoint Services or the desire and ability to quickly learn how to leverage these tools is required
- Knowledge of Agile development process and the use of a supporting requirement tool is preferred.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.