Moody's Analytics is a leading provider of risk and performance management software to the financial services industry.
We are seeking an experienced Software Sales Representative to lead Enterprise Risk Solutions sales within Credit Analysis & Origination (CA&O). This Sales Representative position requires expertise in managing complex, solution sales cycles, and involves working closely with pre-sales staff. Sales Representatives manage and drive the sales process through the sales cycle. Key activities include identifying and qualifying prospects, initiating new sales activity and managing sales cycles to closure. Additionally, the role requires the assessment of client needs and providing clients with strategic guidance and product overviews.
- Drive the development of new business within assigned territories.
- Meet or exceed annual sales goals and targets that align with the company’s vision and objectives.
- Work with sales colleagues and other internal stakeholders to drive the sales process from beginning to end by identifying and qualifying prospects, initiating new sales activity and managing sales cycles to closure.
- Demonstrate the superiority and value of the CA&O Solutions (Credit Lens, FACT) to potential and existing clients. This will often involve high quality presentations, client meetings and defence of formal proposals.
- Build relationships across client and prospect organizations to maintain desired pipeline levels.
- Manage and coordinate responses to RFIs, RFPs and Tenders from clients and prospects.
- Collaborate with Product Management and Product Strategy to promote improvement in product quality and the development of new sources of revenue.
- Develop deep, practical understanding of Moody’s Analytics suite of products and services, with a focus on Credit Analysis and Origination software.
- Identify/recognize cross-selling opportunities for Moody’s Analytics and Bureau van Dijk data solutions.
- Assess the needs of the client by identifying specific cause of underlying problems and proposes innovative solutions based on their business requirements.
- Identify additional products and services that clients may benefit from and introduce them appropriately into dialogue with clients.
- Begin development as a market expert and provide product/service use cases during the sales cycle.
- Serve as the main liaison between the client service team, the client and the implementation services organisation on each services opportunity.
- Assist in the preparation and circulation of market insight comments to create awareness of Moody's expertise internally and externally.
- Assist in the training of new team members.
- Provide current forecasts and pipeline information to management.
- Position requires travel which is largely self-managed and planned in advance.
- Undergraduate/first-level degree (e.g., Bachelor’s degree) required, with coursework in business, economics, finance, marketing or related fields.
- The successful candidate will have experience successful selling experience to financial institutions. Particular experience in selling to the Finance, Treasury or Risk Management groups within banks.
- Solid understanding of different parts of the global financial services industry, including market dynamics and customers’ business drivers.
- Must have a basic IT understanding e.g. can talk about platforms, databases, deployment.
- Ability to present high-level information as well as detailed demonstrations of products & services.
- Excellent verbal/written communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment, with focus and high attention to detail.