Specifically, you will:
- With support and direction from Associate Director, lead small internal project teams made up of internal associates from the research group and Copal Amba, to design and deliver customised solutions to senior executives at client organisations, assume ownership of small projects, and arrange post-project support.
- With support of Associate Director, conduct technical design and knowledge transfer workshops on quantitative and qualitative methodologies so that clients can utilise the full potential of our solution. You are expected to train both quantitative analysts and non quantitative credit analysts and executives.
- Build custom single obligor risk assessment models (such as PD/LGD/EAD/Stress Testing/IFRS9) using clients’ and/or Moody’s Analytics data for the Wholesale segment.
- Support business development efforts under the coordination of the Director, including supporting meetings with prospective clients to provide expertise, proposal writing and pitch development, and, under the guidance of the Director, recommend solutions in real-time as part of determining client requirements and project scope.
- Contribute to the improvement and promotion of the Single Obligor models included in the RiskCalc universe covering SME, Middle Market, Large Corporate, Banks and Project Finance.
The Enterprise Risk Services team provides consultative services to ensure that our clients get the most out of our products and solutions. In expanding our business globally, the need for local knowledge of client opportunities and working with clients increases. We would need the team to provide the effective feedback of these local knowledge into our global product solution in order to grow our business. We are looking for a talent in supporting us with these challenges.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) with an emphasis in Finance, Economics, Accounting, Mathematics, or related quantitative field. MA or MSc degree a plus. FRM or PRM or CFA designation a plus.
- Strong working knowledge of R, SAS, Matlab, and Excel.
- Relevant experience in financial markets, gained at either a top-tier consulting firm or within a commercial banking or capital markets environment.
- Experience in building single obligor risk assessment models (such as PD, LGD, EAD, Stress testing and Provision Models).
- Familiarity with modern credit risk management and the requirements of Basel II / III and European Regulation.
- Track record of successful project management, preferably within a commercial banking or consultancy environment.
- Excellent analytical skills and persistence in analytical and problem solving, quantitative approach to understanding problems in finance
- Must be flexible with international travel
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to build professional relationships
- Strong attention to detail
- Pro-active attitude with the ability to multi-task
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Fluent in English. Fluency in another European language beneficial.