Client facing individual contributor role responsible for maintaining and extending existing customer relationships for the Germany, Austria, Switzerland (GAS) Sub-Region. Within this role the candidate will work autonomously with moderate supervision by the Head of Relationship Management for Germany, Austria, Switzerland (GAS) region.
- Proactively manage a portfolio of existing accounts for the sub-region.
- Responsible for deepening existing relationships, capturing price and growing the share of wallet by delivering a tailored value proposition to existing issuers.
- Exceed allocated business targets: e.g. market coverage, cross- and upselling of products, average price increases.
- Collect market intelligence to share with broader Relationship Management and Pricing teams.
- Ensure we have an opportunity to bid for close to 100% of all x-border transactions, and where relevant domestic ones, which are not covered by umbrella contracts.
- Responsible for putting together a structured outreach plan (prioritizing, defining outreach objectives) for Germany, Austria, Switzerland (GAS) sub-region.
- Maximize in person with high priority accounts and touch other accounts by phone or when the opportunity presents itself at third party conferences.
- Expect to spend minimum of 30% of the time meeting customers across the region.
- Spend at least 4-8 days per year meeting with investor for market intelligence and to get insights on positioning Moody’s value proposition to customers.
- Contribute to the annual strategic planning process for Germany, Austria, Switzerland (GAS) by assessing the vulnerability of relationships and by identifying new business opportunities for the supported market.
- Guide and mentor Sales Support team to facilitate professional development and efficiency.
- May be asked to account management support to other sub-regions.
- In-depth understanding of a range of fixed income instruments, key characteristics and dynamics of capital and credit markets globally and specific nuances of Germany, Austria, Switzerland (GAS).
- Able to read financial statements to identify financial needs and understand the financial strategy of each customer
- Strong communication skills. Effective at communicating with all levels at customer meetings in-person and by teleconference independently and with minimal oversight
- Ability to articulate and explain Moody’s value proposition, convincingly and unscripted
- Ability to have a detailed understanding of commercial contractual considerations and Moody’s pricing philosophy
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills to defend pricing, contracts, and renewal terms.
- Where applicable, respond to tenders including drafting responses and managing the process. Responses to tender documents
The primary function of the Relationship Management department is the establishment, maintenance and management of rating relationships throughout
Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
- Minimum of Undergraduate / First Level degree (or equivalent) preferably in finance, accounting, business or economics.
- Relevant years of experience in the financial services industry or similar industry is required.
- Fluency in German and English essential
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody’s Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.