This is a new position within the China based Relationship Management Group focusing exclusively on developing relationships with intermediaries based in China . The role manages existing relationships by enhancing interaction and develops new intermediary relationships, independently.
- Manage Chinese intermediary Relationship Management in China
- Map the relevant onshore Chinese intermediaries ( by organization , key team members , location ) with a view to communicate with them regularly ensuring that they receive our ratings and research on areas of interest
- Formulate and execute an outreach plan ( Track progress , enter meeting notes in Sales Force )
- Refer transaction leads to the Relationship Management Group in Greater China – share market intelligence and deal information with them at regular intervals , coordinate a weekly conference call with them
- Report feedback to the Intermediaries Steering Committee managed centrally
- Lead the expansion of outreach plan to other onshore intermediaries and locations
- Support all lines of business ( Local Governments , Financial Institutions , Corporate Finance and Structured Finance )
- Focus on debt capital markets intermediaries accessing the G3 markets by reviewing the structures in Chinese banks and top securities companies most active in cross border DCM;
- Apart from DCM teams , expand outreach to sell side research teams , Corporate Banking Heads and Senior Management)
- Formulate and execute outreach plan for each intermediary;
- Establish new initiatives ( Eg : Organizing “ Teach in sessions with key influencers “ )
- Ensure we capture every opportunity to build domestic and x-border intermediary relationships with rating advisors, debt capital market participants and syndication teams in corporate banking, investment banking & securities firms, financing solutions & private equity firms.
- Present a business plan for intermediary development in China
- Ability to effectively and eloquently chair several meetings daily with clients across a large range of different profiles at short notice.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Speak and communicate convincingly with senior management, clients and larger audiences
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills
- Able to negotiate and defend more complex pricing, contracts, and renewals. Where applicable draft tender documents
- Will be accountable for referring deals/new relationships/collaboration opportunities to the Greater China Relationship Management team
- Articulate and explain Moody’s value proposition
- Expert level knowledge on financial instruments, key characteristics and dynamics of capital and credit markets in her or his market segment / territory
- Able to read financial statements to identify financial needs and understand the financial strategy of each firm
- Excellent understanding of Moody’s service suite, contracts and general conduct of business
- Understands the concept of full ownership of their customers and targets
- High autonomy in achieving business objectives.
- Expected to travel extensively in China to meet intermediaries.
- Full product proficiency (fully fluent in our product suite)
MIS Commercial Group
- Over 15 years relevant working experience with in Debt Capital Markets;
- Experienced banker or equivalent who has proven track record of origination and relationship management;
- Familiarity with Chinese financial sector and intermediaries;
- Degree from a reputable University, preferably in finance, accounting, business or economics.
- Bilingual and must speak mandarin
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody’s Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.