We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior client facing individual contributor role to be responsible for extending existing and developing new business relationships within the Africa Region autonomously with minimal supervision from the Head of Relationship Management for the Africa Region.
- Proactively manage the relationships of about 30-50 complex key accounts in Africa
- Responsible for retaining existing customers in the Africa and expanding the share of wallet by selling a tailored value proposition.
- Primary commercial contact on key account
- Conducting Business Development in the region (bringing in new rating relationships and developing new market segments)
- Negotiate commercial terms including fees for new and renewal contracts.
- Proactively seek opportunities and prepare strategically competitive proposals for new and existing contracts involving a bidding process.
- Contribute to the creation and execution of a strategic plan to expand and defend the business for markets within Africa
- Expected to travel 60% of the time meeting existing and prospective customers.
- Organize meetings with investors to better understand demand factors and shape value propositions
- Active contribution to overall franchise relevance plans for the market segment / territory
- Represent the Relationship Management team at internal meetings with the analytical team and other departments where applicable
- Provide effective guidance and mentorship to supporting Associates
- Can provide support to and temporarily back-up the Head or Relationship Management for the sub-region.
- Provide support and back-up for other sub-regions as needed
- Provide feedback to Product Management team on innovative ideas for product development
MIS Commercial Group (COMMERCIAL)- Relationship Management (150100)#LI-AH1
- Minimum of Undergraduate / First Level degree (or equivalent) preferably in finance, accounting, business or economics.
- Extensive experience in the financial services industry or similar industry is required.
- Fluent in English (written and spoken), with French desirable
- Previous experience in sales & marketing is desired.
- Previous experience from the rating industry, debt capital markets or as an analyst is desired.
- Knowledge of and direct experience with African business culture is desired.
- Maintain active relationships with issuers at all levels independently with minimal oversight
- Ability to effectively chair several meetings daily with clients across a wide range of different profiles.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to reach out and connect with C-level.
- Effective negotiation and influencing skills
- Able to hold a 60 minutes in person meeting with a Group treasurer and or CFO
- Articulate and explain Moody’s value proposition
- Able to negotiate and defend pricing, contracts, and renewals.
- When applicable draft tender documents
- Expert level knowledge on financial instruments, key characteristics and dynamics of capital and credit markets in her or his market segment / territory
- Able to read financial statements to identify financial needs and understand the financial strategy of each firm
- Ability to quickly grasp an understanding of Moody’s products and services, contracts and general conduct of business
- Embraces the concept of full ownership of their customers and targets
- Able to flex between Account Management to Business Development activities
- Able to work independently to achieve business objectives
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody’s Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.