Newly-created role for an experienced senior lawyer to mainly provide legal assistance on a wide range of PRC issues / projects, supporting the consolidation and expansion of Moody’s business in China, and to also provide legal assistance on other APAC issues/projects from time to time as requested. The role will report to Assistant General Counsel – China/APAC Commercial and New Products in Hong Kong.
Key responsibilities include:
- Assisting MIS Commercial team by negotiating and drafting amendments to (1) standard customer contracts with PRC-based customers and (2) China SOE tender contracts
- Advising on MIS and MA corporate investments and managing JV relationships in PRC, working with various teams including Corporate Development
- Involvement in strategic China-focused projects, advising senior management on key issues
- Advising on introduction of new MIS products in PRC
- Assisting with review of / advising on China regulatory issues
- Review and negotiation of strategic China supplier contracts
- Assisting with similar or other legal matters across the Asia Pacific region
- Liaising with and managing external counsel
- Limited travel in China or abroad as required
- US law trained / English law qualified, with extensive experience of handling PRC matters preferred (or PRC law qualified, with extensive experience of advising international companies, especially financial services companies)
- At least 7-8 years’ experience in a private practice law firm / working in a multi-national financial services company
- Experience working in an international environment
- Experience working with senior individuals
- Knowledge of financial services products / markets / regulations desired
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Chinese (spoken Mandarin)
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to innovatively approach legal issues to achieve corporate strategic objectives
- Excellent administration, project management and document management skills
- Able to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Able to operate independently
- Flexible approach
- Ability to multitask and prioritize effectively
- Ability to work across various time zones as needed
- Ability to quickly grasp diverse and complex issues
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody’s Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.