- Econometric modelling and coding, forecasting under alternative scenarios.
- Development of new analytical products aimed at forecasting the behavior of asset prices and the behavior of businesses and consumers.
- Risk modelling, including the development, implementation, and validation of credit risk models using state of the art statistical and econometric techniques.
- Documentation, including model specification, estimation and validation.
- Client satisfaction, including speed and quality of responses to our clients.
- Internal and external presentations
The Content, Economics and Structured Analytics team (CESA), a division of Moody's Analytics, is a leading independent provider of economic, financial, country, and industry research designed to meet the diverse planning and information needs of businesses, governments, and professional investors worldwide.
Our research has many dimensions: credit modeling; banking; consumer analysis; structured finance; country and regional analyses; financial market modelling. We maintain large, detailed databases that are used broadly by governments, corporations and financial institutions around the world.
Within this group, the Specialized Modelling Team is tasked with developing new analytical products, validation of models developed by internal and external clients and the fulfillment of challenging consulting projects that fall outside the mainstream.
- Strong academic background – Ph.D. or Masters in Economics, Finance, Statistics or Mathematics (or related subjects) from a top school is essential.
- Relevant experience in banking or credit analysis is desirable, but new graduates with strong research backgrounds will also be considered.
- Knowledge of quantitative techniques and the ability to communicate technical subject matter clearly and concisely.
- Strong programming skills in STATA, MATLAB, R, E-Views, Fortran, SAS or similar statistical platforms.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to build strong professional relationships at all levels
- Ability to work pro-actively and to multi-task.
- Ability to work using own initiative and without close supervision.
- Well-developed IT skills including Email, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.