Serve as the coordinator for consolidation in the role of Senior Financial Analyst in Corporate Planning. In this role, you will be the responsible for the consolidation of Moody’s Corporation financials through all phases of financial planning and analysis processes. This is a high visibility position and one that requires a candidate with excellent judgment, attention to detail, and strong oral and written communications skills.
- Coordinate the consolidation for total Moody’s Corporation (MCO) throughout monthly close and reporting, quarterly forecasts, annual budget, and 5 year strategic plan
- Prepare presentations and analysis for the Board of Directors, executive management and various business leaders
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual models, analysis, and reporting of:
- firm-wide incentive compensation
- segment (line of business) allocated P&Ls
- SG&A/Operating expense
- Provide MCO consolidated P&L actual/budget/forecast variance analysis during the monthly/quarterly close process and act on results to assist in effective business management
- Support Finance and operating managers’ decision-making processes by providing forward-looking analysis and insights
- Develop new reporting or analysis to provide insightful information to business and finance management
- Recommend improvements/enhancements to current processes and reporting
- Participate in special projects as assigned by Finance management
- Scope/Supervision and Interaction
- Makes decisions appropriate for level of responsibility
- Raises concerns to the appropriate level of management and keeps management informed of activities
- Quickly adapts to shifting priorities and business needs
- Interaction with Business and Corporate Planning colleagues, Accounting, Treasury, HR, Investor Relations, Hyperion systems team, Corporate Development, and business line representatives; high exposure to senior leaders
Undergraduate degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field 3-5 years of experience in financial planning and analysis or accounting Prior budgeting/forecasting and reporting experience Key Competencies Exposure to multidimensional reporting applications (Hyperion Planning and Essbase a plus) Firm grasp of Microsoft Office applications (especially Excel and PowerPoint) Solid understanding of accounting and financial statement reporting Strong communication skills including senior stakeholder management Exposure to general ledger software (e.g. PeopleSoft Financials) Capable of financial modeling for scenario and sensitivity analysis Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal and analytical skills Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team Ability to work under pressure, meet tight deadlines, and maintain attention to detail
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com .
Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody’s also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org .. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law. Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody’s Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.