The Role / Responsibilities:
- you will be a member of the Moody’s Analytics’ team creating and supporting some of the industry’s leading software solutions for the structured finance industry. You will work directly with key business stakeholders to support key ESA applications and processes.
- Understand and support the various data collection processes and distribution of all structured finance data (RMBS,CMBS, ABS, Agency, CLO/CDO) for ESA. Our data is used in multiple internal and external products.
- Core activities will include supporting existing processes and applications, AWS , SQL server development, new application modules and reports, developing new products in structured finance space, refactoring the existing infrastructure, general user support, periodic data auditing, troubleshooting and establishing a feedback loop to help identify problems and prioritize enhancements.
- Associate will be working in a team of developers learning about the various processes and products that we support and working in a dynamic development environment.
- Work schedule requires availability on some evenings, weekends and holidays and morning meetings with the San Francisco and New York team mates.
The Economics and Structured Analytics division
- Undergraduate/first-level degree (e.g., Bachelor’s) or graduate/second-level degree (e.g. MBA, Master’s) with an emphasis in computer science, engineering, math, or a related quantitative field preferred.
- Minimum 1 year of experience working with .NET technologies, .NET Framework 2.0 - 4.5, C#, WPF, WCF, WinForms, ASP.NET, Java
- Solid understanding of relational database and NoSql technologies. Hands-on database development skills including SQL programming (developing stored procedures, functions and reports.
- You will be involved in all aspects of SDLC, maintenance and support of global systems and be heavily involved in working with the business
- You must be a quick learner with a strong aptitude for success in a fast paced and demanding environment
- Good verbal/written communication skills in English required
- General financial industry concepts/ awareness required
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and ability to learn quickly and work independently required
- Experience with data analysis and BI is a plus
- Fundamental understanding of capital markets preferred
- Experience in any of these is a plus : Razor, AngularJS, Node.js, jQuery, ExtJS, REST, SOAP, HTML5, XML, Python, Scala
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.5 billion in 2015, employs approximately 10,400 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available atwww.moodys.com.
Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.