The Role / Responsibilities:
- Reverse Engineer Structure Finance transactions in our Moody’s proprietary cashflow engines
- Update and Validate collateral for Structured Finance transactions
- Work with proprietary datasets and data developers to maintain and improve data quality, consistency and breadth, with a specific focus toward extending our derived data
- Assist senior members of the team in supporting and training clients on software applications and the safe delivery/implementation of a suite of fixed income products.
- Help to develop detailed customer installation and/or system integration plans for a wide variety of financial institutions using our analytic software and data solutions.
- Contribute to developing new methods for Structured Finance data quality control
- Lead initiatives to design data production systems or improve existing ones.
- Support and train clients on software applications.
- Analyse complex financial fixed-income instruments.
- Aid in the implementation, customization and use of analytic solutions.
- Work schedule requires availability for meetings with the San Francisco and New York team mates.
The Economics and Structured Analytics division
- Undergraduate/first-level degree (e.g., Bachelor’s) or graduate/second-level degree (e.g. MBA, Master’s) with an emphasis in financial engineering, computer science, engineering, math, finance, economics, or a related quantitative field preferred.
- Solid quantitative skills and analytical problem solving ability required.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills with the confidence to interact with top financial professionals.
- Demonstrated initiative, enthusiasm and ability to learn quickly and excel as part of a dynamic team.
- Attention to detail and ability to work and learn independently.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server or another relational database is required
- Knowledge of Visual Basic and other scripting or coding languages preferred.
- Working knowledge of financial concepts and exposure to structured finance.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.5 billion in 2015, employs approximately 10,400 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available atwww.moodys.com.
Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.